Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Dear Patients and Families,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We are taking the temperature daily of every patient and staff member in the office
- We have had an air purification system installed in our office HVAC system. This system is equipped with UV light that kills and reduces airborne germs, bacteria, viruses, mold and fungi. Since it is installed through the HVAC system the benefits pertain to the entire office area, including individual operatories, waiting room, restrooms, etc.
- We have also ordered and plan to implement (in “phase 2” of re-opening) extra oral suction units that have the following specifications:
- Stage 1 Particle Bag Filter 97% @ 1 Micron for larger particulate
- Stage 2 HEPA Filter 99.97% @ 0.3 Micron – Equal to MERV 17 – For Microbes
- You will also notice that we have implemented additional PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for our staff such as the use of face shields, surgical gowns.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines since they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. These appointments will be made over the phone to minimize contact with the reception area. We will also request that you call our office upon arrival for your appointment so that you may go directly to the treatment room thereby bypassing the waiting room.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (516) 763-4500 or request an appointment online.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
South Nassau Dental Arts