Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Russo or Dr. Shoukry and receive a straightforward answer.
Drs. Russo and Shoukry, and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures evolve to keep current with any new health concerns that may arise such as Covid-19. Some of these include:
- Whole-building air purification with UVC Germicidal Light (eliminating airborne bacteria, viruses, mold and fungi)
- Extra oral suction units with Stage 2 HEPA Filter
- Disposable surgical gowns, gloves, masks and face shields
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.